President, Founder and Philanthropic Entrepreneur
Gary Dembs has been working with non-profit organizations for over 35 years. He founded the Non-Profit Personnel Network (NPPN) after a highly successful 21 year career in public relations and broadcasting. He has been a pioneer in combining effective organizational development, marketing, human resources and fund development strategies for organizations and institutions nationwide.
Gary is mission-driven, a community activist and works to empower organizations to take an integrated approach, on the staff and board levels to further the missions of the non-profits he consults with.
Gary received his Bachelor of Science degree from Western Michigan University. In 2008 he was inducted into the WMU School of Communication Outstanding Alumni Academy in recognition of excellence in professional accomplishments and civic service. He was a former radio news and sports reporter in Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo, MI.
GARY’S PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT INCLUDES:
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Greater Detroit Chapter (Two-Term Board President; 2004-2005 and 2010-2011)
- Graduate, Leadership Detroit (Class XXX)
- Crain’s Detroit Business – Judge: Best Managed Non-Profit Contest (Since its Inception)
- Network of Non-Profit Search Consultants/NNSC.org (Current Board Chair)
- Michigan Association of Healthcare Philanthropy (Board Member)
- Greater Detroit Non-Profit PR Network (First President)
GARY’S COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT INCLUDES:
- Reading Works, Board Member (2014 – Present)
- Social Enterprise Alliance of Michigan (Past Board Member)
- Common Ground (Board Chair, 2009 – 2011)
- Council of Michigan Foundations (Mentor, 2015-2016)
- Forgotten Harvest (Founding Board Member)
- Spaulding for Children (Past President)
- Yad Ezra (Founding Board Member, First President)
- Michigan Committee for World Food Day (Past Board Chair)
- Bob Bauer’s Marathon for Meals (Co-Creator)
- Food Bank of Oakland County (Past Board Member)
Additionally, Gary has taught fundraising and marketing for non-profits at Wayne State University in Detroit and Oakland University in Rochester, MI and is a regular presenter at conferences and seminars nationwide.